Thousands of students and their organizations from across the country and individuals from the entertainment community are being called-to-action in New Orleans to commemorate Katrina's 5th Anniversary with a "Summer of Service" to rewrite the recovery story through:
- Benefit Concerts.
- Volunteer Home-building Projects.
- Recreating the Scene of New Orlean's Days of Distress during the Hurricane.
- The Film Project to Document the Event for the Big Screen.
- Auditions for Student/Celebrity Reality TV Show for Volunteer Competitions that Promotes Volunteerism.
- A 5K Run/Walk Fundraiser.
Student organizations will travel to New Orleans and engage in service projects to bring the city back. Projects will be fueled by the competitive spirit of schools and the support of celebrities, sponsors, alumni members, etc.